Thursday, September 29, 2016

Knitted Finish and Other Things

Well, it has been a while since my last post.  It isn't that nothing has been happening around here but for some reason both my husband and myself have been so busy seeing doctors that what we are doing has not been newsworthy.  However now I have something to report:  Eric/hubby, will be having gall bladder surgery tomorrow.  He is nervous and we are both wondering how we will get along since I still cannot do all the things he has been taking care of.  Should be an interesting time.

As for me, I had x-rays this week to see if I can take advantage of a back procedure that would repair my bulging discs and at the same time restore the 2" I lost last summer.  I am anxiously waiting to hear from the doctor.

Meanwhile, I have been knitting.  I just finished this scarf, ready for whatever cold the winter brings.  The funny thing is that I found this yarn in a bag in my studio.  I must have sent for it for a reason but I have no idea what it was.  I still have one more skein of each color so I think I will be making a hat to go with my new scarf.  Then I will be well prepared for WINTER.

The other thing I am knitting is the Tesserino Cowl.  I LOVE cowls as in the winter I hate to have my neck get cold and scarfs frequently don't stay up close to my neck.

 This is what the original cowl looks like,
 and this is what mine is looking like.  In actuality I have completed about twice what is showing in this picture.  I saw this pattern on a Very Pink Knits video.  She said it was easy, I didn't really believe her, but decided I could try anyway.  And guess what, it really is easy, although you do have to pay attention to the pattern.
I knit on this cowl in the studio where I am not interrupted by dogs and, for the most part, my husband (who does show up in the studio at least once a day).  And I knit easier things in the house while watching TV with hubby and 4 dogs.  So there are always two knitting projects going at the same time.  And to keep that going I am going to pick up the purple sock I seem to put off finishing.  Bad Gari!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  Ours will be quiet which will be good for both of us.

Linking with Patchwork Times.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Surgery is always nerve wracking. It does slow you down, but the first week is really the worst. As long as there's no real heavy lifting that has to be done, he should be able to get back to things fairly quickly.

straythreads said...

Best wishes with the surgery and dr reports. My son had gall bladder surgery this summer and is doing fine. Wow great knitting projects
Have a peaceful weekend
Ann

Ramona said...

I hope your husbands surgery went well and that he is on the road to recovery. Your scarf looks so warm and soft. And your cowl is lovely!