This is my finish for April, another mug rug. This time I decided to not put a binding on but to "birth" it. Above is me turning the outside out from the inside. Not an easy task on something so small.
Here is the finished "rug." I didn't do a lot of quilting on it, just enough to hold the three pieces together.
The edge is only 1/8" and for the first time I was concerned that I was going to stitch right onto my finger. The little area wanted to bunch up, especially at the corners, and not move. So I had my fingers there to help it. I had to keep reminding myself to take my foot off the pedal so I wouldn't accidently sew me onto the rug. OUCH!!
Lastly is the backing. This was a fat quarter that came in a bundle years ago. I really didn't like it but it seemed perfect for this application and shouldn't show much dirt: this little rug is going to reside on my craft table which gets quite messy.
Later today I will be taking pictures of my knitted shell. It is not finished but the front and back are all done and seamed. I think I will try to put it on a mannequin for pictures. That post will probably show up tomorrow.
Have a great weekend everybody! Gari