Friday, February 10, 2017

Disappointment and Bounce Back

I really try to have a positive attitude but this past week it was somewhat difficult.  I went to my appointment with the surgeon who will be implanting the stimulator in my spine.  I believed I was going to have it done that day but rather it was a further consult (6th in this process) to set up the surgery date.  I was ready, nervous, and to be put off was really hard.  The surgery date is scheduled for 2/23 and, of course, I have pre-admission stuff to do first.  They really expected me to make the 220 mile drive to do this but I finally got them to let me get all that done locally.  I think I was not as "nice" as usual and I regret that but I also think I had been misled and I am quite tired of all of this stuff.  And there is one other thing.  Once the trial stimulator was removed the back pain came back with a vengeance.  No wonder I was ready for the next step. 


 I have a wonderful husband who, sitting in the dr's waiting room, knew I was going to need some comfort food.  He did some online research and found a really hole in the wall place that was highly rated.  The Fishing Hole is located in a small rundown strip mall but once you walk in the doors it is clean and classy.  And the food was wonderful.  Above you see Gumbo, a field greens salad and a light as air croissant.  Everything was wonderful and only a few bites in and my mood was significantly elevated. 


Since coming home I haven't done much sewing.  I did, however, finish my pillowcases and have them on the bed.  I also have pressed the fabric for my charity quilt but can't stand for long so haven't cut fabric, yet.  I have it all set up so that I can cut a couple of sets a day and maybe even sew the first part of the block.  Meanwhile I will be knitting and maybe even get back to working on my Sweet 16 project.

I don't know how everyone else sees it but at the beginning of the year there are so many new BOMs that appear online.  In the past I would start at least 3 and usually at least finished the blocks.  Now I have several I tried to do in the last 2 years so I have some (3-6) blocks done on each but nothing finished.  So this year I am not starting anything new and it is so very HARD.  I am saving several but I have not printed out anything new.  I think if I stay on this computer, I will have an ulcer by March.  😛

We are expecting company about every other week for the next month.  Fortunately no one expects me/us to cook for them so all we have to do is socialize.  It is funny that we hardly ever had visitors for the first 54 years of our marriage, but the last 2 years there has almost been a steady stream.  And we love it.

The weekend is almost here, so plan to have fun.  Gari

3 comments:

Lady Jane said...

I will put you in my prayers and hope all goes well. I love those pillow cases. I have never made pillow cases but now I will. Hugs, LJ

Kate said...

How frustrating! They could have at least planned to leave the other unit in place till you had surgery. Enjoy your company this weekend. Hope you feel up to sewing in small sessions.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm in the same boat on not being able to play along with the new projects. I committed to completing 4 quilts by high school graduation this May. I've got 1 done, 1 needs binding, 1 needs assembly and 1 needs to be started. Till those get done, no new projects. It's been hard, there are some really fun BOMs in the works.

loulee said...

A loving and supportive other half who waits patiently and seeks out the best of treats is one of lifes real treasures. I do hope that the surgery goes well and on the expected date. Such a shame you have to wait in pain and not with the trial rig in place. Try to stay comfortable and positive. XX