Sunday, March 26, 2017

Progress & Spring

My blue sweater is coming along nicely.  Pictured are the two fronts.  I also have the sleeves done, I think.  I still have the last row to do but I want to check the length before I bind them off.  I am working on the back but after all of these stitches, it seems like it is taking forever.  Every other row is k1, p1, k1, p1, and my hand gets really tired.  I only have about 8" of the back completed so it's a good thing winter is a long way off.


I took this picture last week.  I thought it was funny that there were a couple of fully finished leaves on the bare branches.  I decided that the tree put these out kind of like scouts to test to see if it was going to be warm enough to leaf out.  It must have worked because now all of those branches have little leaves and are spewing pollen all over the place.  I am not allergic to the pollen but many of the people around here are and are really suffering.



And then there is this Christmas cactus.  It seems to be really confused.  But I congratulated it on the beautiful flower, which I am willing to enjoy any time of the year.

Last week we celebrated DH's birthday.  I had given him a Lone Ranger Lionel train set for Christmas so for his birthday I took him to a "train store" and let him pick what he would like as an addition to his set-up.  Then later in the week our daughter took us for a post-birthday dinner and then back to the train store to get a little more.  After he gets these parts set in place I will try to get a picture of his new toys.

DH is on Spring Break this week.  It will be nice to have him home every day.  We will be doing some furniture moving and then rewarding ourselves by going to see Beauty and the Beast.  I'm sure we will come up with other things to do but knitting and sewing will still be in my daily plans.

Linking to Patchwork Times 

3 comments:

Kate said...

The sweater looks great, I love that shade of blue. Happy belated birthday to your guy, sounds like he got a bit of spoiling for his day. Stay dry, I think all our wet weather is heading your direction today or tomorrow.

straythreads said...

Beautiful sweater!! you are thinking of next winter? I just want to be rid of this winter . its sunny and the snow is gone but it might come back
have a grat weekend

Ramona said...

Your sweater is coming along so nicely. Sometimes the knitting does seem to take forever! Your cactus bloom is beautiful! Mine just finished blooming for the second time.