Friday, September 6, 2013

On the Needles

class sock=heel started
Here is class sock #1 with the heel started.  The heel wasn’t part of the homework for the week but I went asked if I could have the directions for starting it so I would be ready to have her help me with the gusset, the part I got stopped on when I was doing it by myself.  And, because I got this part done, I started on the second sock, too.  I am hoping that I will be able to have both of these socks done by the end of the lessons, in 1 week.




tube sock #2
Additionally, I am getting very close to having my second tube sock done.  I only have about 2” to do on the tube and then the toe, which was very easy on the first sock.  These are a little heavier and will be great when it starts to get cooler (I wear sandals all year).  I have some of this yarn left so am thinking of combining it with a heavier white/cream yarn for a hat. 

I have also had some success at working on quilting projects and will show them off on Monday.

Have a grate weekend, everybody!  Gari

4 comments:

loulee said...

Progress, how did you get on with the heel in the end? It's quite easy once you know how isn't it?
I love the yarns you are using, so bright and cheerful.

Judy D in WA said...

Look at you go! I love both socks. I started to giggle when you said you wear sandals and then said you had yarn left over. A vision of Gari wearing sandal socks popped right into my head. :)
You are making me want to pick up my socks and work on them but I have to many other things going on right now.
Keep up the great work!!

Bonnie said...

Love that top yarn ... It stripes so well. It's always fun to see how a self striping yarn actually looks. I agree, I want to whip out my socks and knit... Um, maybe tomorrow.

Kate said...

Wow, lots of progress on the knitting. Love the colors you are using for both sets of socks.