Thursday, November 20, 2014

Needles Still Clicking

crop sweaterI am pleased to show my progress on the cropped sweater, which is not going to be cropped.  I have a long way to go to get to the bottom so I may be at this for quite a while.  I am looking at the sleeves to see if I can do the in the round rather than flat.  I’m still shying away from seaming.

I did sign up for a Craftsy class that has a lesson on seaming.  I have viewed it once and will be looking at it again next week so I can finish off my completed cardigan.  Those pieces have been hanging around for a few weeks now and really need to get together.



sleep socksMeanwhile I have been somewhat diverted by a new project, sleep socks requested by DH.  He has not asked for anything knitted so I was excited to be able to do these for him.  The pattern is from Very Pink.  I did make a change in the toes.   She called for the provisional cast on but I really like Judy’s Magic Cast on better.  I just can’t seem to do a good job with the provisional so I chose to do it differently.  The heels are done with short rowing.  Now all I have left to do is get the leg part long enough.  On my socks I like the leg to stop shortly after the ankle but DH wants a long leg so it is 2 x 2 rib for several more rows.  I should have these done before the next freeze hits here.









taco soupFor our below freezing evening this week I made  crock pot taco soup.  Every time I make it it is different according to what ingredients I have on hand and every time it turns out great.  And it was perfect on a 25F night.

























white Christmas CactusAnd lastly my white Christmas Cactus is really blooming.  Last year I got nothing but this year it is covered by buds and this one open double flower.  So I guess we are already started decorating for Christmas.

Today I begin my 10 days of DH 24/7.  He is retired but continues to teach 3-5 classes a semester.  However they get Thanksgiving week off and then 3 weeks off around Christmas.  This means that we will be having a lot of 1 on 1 time:  whoopee!  I guess it’s that level of excitement that has kept us together for almost 54 years.

Have a wonderful weekend everybody and keep warm.  Gari

Linking with Patchwork Times.

7 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Yay!! Cactus blooms!!

Kate said...

Looks like you are getting lots done. The sweater looks great. Enjoy your Thanksgiving holiday.

Dar said...

Your sweater and sleep socks are looking great. Good luck with the 24/7 DH for the holidays.

Ramona said...

Your sweater is coming along nicely. You will be finished before you know it. And you socks look so warm! Enjoy your time with your DH.

pollyanna said...

Such wonderful knitting. Your sweater is coming along so beautifully. And socks for hubs! Great joy (I love it when mine asks me to make him something). My Christmas cactus blooms at Thanksgiving and again around Easter. Never at Christmas LOL Yours in beautiful!

straythreads said...

Hi love the sweater and the socks look soft and cozy!! I can't find your email address since not all comments are coming through email. the stitch pattern for the red and green socks is
row 1: k1,p1,yo,k4,CDD,k4,yo,p1,k1
row 2: k1,p1, k1tb,k9,k1tb,p1,k1
the CDD is a center double decrease and I explained it in an earlier post along with the k1tb.
a couple rows and you will have it memorized.
have a great Thanksgiving
Ann

Bonnie said...

Beautiful cactus. My pink one is about done blooming. Hope you get your sweater done. I prefer to knit top down in the round.