My design wall does not change much these days but I am beginning to sew my blocks together. By this time next week I hope to have several more together and maybe even a flimsy.
I spent several days moving furniture out of this area while I prepared to move 3 white bookshelves in.
Then I emptied a bookshelf in the room next door and began moving it into the cutting and knitting room. You may notice that there is not a lot of wiggle room to slide this piece of furniture through.
And the space didn’t get any bigger as we moved along. I should explain that I had by this time moved all my fabric stash out of the former storage areas so it was filling the cutting table, a couple of laundry baskets, and an executive office chair …… with some overflowing.
I finally got that shelving unit in place while DH built two more new sets and all three were finally in the room on Friday. The began the task of putting the fabric on the shelves. You may be able to see that I have uncovered almost half of the cutting table.
And I am slowly filling up all the space. I put all the batiks in the first section. Oh, my,they almost glow. The rest are being filled with quilter’s cotton. Every time I move from room to room I try to carry a small pile of fabric.
At the rate I am going I should have it all on the shelves by 2015, that is if Bonnie Hunter’s mystery doesn’t take up all my time in December. But really, I still have about 5 shelves worth of fabric still sitting in the other room, waiting for me to make bunches of trips so I guess I better get busy.
As usual I am linking with Patchwork Times.