Given that I have done very little on the quilting front, I am very excited to have begun Bonnie Hunter’s Grand Illusion Mystery. These are the beginning units. I cut 2 1/2” strips with the GO, laid out the strips right sides together and then cross cut with the Easy Angle Ruler.
Here are 20 of the 52 units I completed. My current plan is to make 140 of these units before completing the Broken Dishes units. Of course I find that I can’t go on right now because I seem to not have the bright yellow fabric I knew I had laid out for this project. I searched my fabric stash and seem to not have any bright yellow so I guess I will have to visit the three fabric shops that are close by. And of course I already know that as soon as I buy more fabric I will find what I already have. Meanwhile I will finish the HSTs and cut the black squares so I can be ready to finish step 1.
And of course, I haven’t forgotten that step 2 came out Friday so if I have some time I will try to get started on that also.
I am almost to the halfway point in the Tunisian crocheted afghan and hope to have it done before the end of the month.
As you can see I have a pretty full plate that also includes doing some embroidery for a couple of gift projects that will not be going to anyone soon and a quilt that has been on the frame since June and needs to be finished.
Whew, all that has tuckered me out so I think I will take a breather and knit a little on the sweater that I have ignored for the last week. While I’m at that why don’t you click on over to Patchwork Times as see what other’s are up to. Gari