Friday, December 12, 2014

Hot Hook

better than half wayI am so excited.  My Tunisian crocheted afghan is a little more than half way done.   And it has gotten easier and easier: this means that I am going a little faster than when I first started.  Staci suggested stopping, when that larger section is done, to do a cross stitch name.  However, I can’t decide if I want to do a name or not so I will probably wait until I have the afghan done and blocked and by then maybe I will have decided what I want to do.



 



next projectAnd I have decided what my next knitting project is going to be.  This is the cowl Judy just showed.  I have found that my neck really likes being warm when I am out in the winter and this cowl pattern looks great and will provide me a terrific challenge (new stitch and cables).



I still have to get back to knitting on my short sleeved cardigan, right after the afghan is finished.













Gus' throwI have been doing some sewing.  I made this twin sized throw.  It took me over a year to find the red fabric so I was very excited to be getting this project donel














GI step 1And I did get some Step 1 blocks done for Grand Illusion.  I still have to make parts for many more of these but I think that I will devote this weekend to Step 2 (Step 3 comes out tomorrow so I don’t want to fall much more behind. 









Drosselmeyer returns (as he has every year since 1982) in Nutcracker performances Dec 11-14 in the Dixon Center on the LBWCC campus in Andalusia AL.   A great show as always!One of the reasons I think I will be able to get a lot done this weekend is that DH is again dancing in the Nutcracker: he is Drosselmeyer and does not really dance but since he has been doing this for over 35 years he does make an impression with his entrance: children remember him all year long and recognize him when they see him out and about.  They have already done a school children’s matinee and now have two evening performances as well as a Sunday matinee.  See why I will have some studio time?


I hope you will have time to work on your projects as well as checking out what others are accomplishing  over at Patchwork TimesGari

5 comments:

Lady Jane said...

Boy, you are a busy one. Love that your hubby keeps busy also and what he does, I bet he is a real hoot.

Dar said...

Your afghan is pretty and I guess they are right--crocheting is faster than knitting. Your new knitting cowl pattern is going to be fun. I would like trying something new too, but have not bought any patterns through Ravelry. I don't feel comfortable using my credit card online. I'll be watching to see how you like it.

Dar said...

PS - you asked how I got my stripes to match up so well -- mostly luck, but I did pull off about 2 ft. of a color so that I could start the 2nd one with the same color as the first. It worked very well.

Kate said...

You've been busy. Your Grand Illusion blocks look great.

pollyanna said...

Wow Gari you have been busy. Your afghan stitches are perfect. I am impressed with your work. And the cowl is beautiful. I love a cable. So much going on, including Nutcracker. Best to you and yours :)