Saturday, April 30, 2016

April Finish





Here is the finished "rug."  I didn't do a lot of quilting on it, just enough to hold the three pieces together.

The edge is only 1/8" and for the first time I was concerned that I was going to stitch right onto my finger.  The little area wanted to bunch up, especially at the corners, and not move.  So I had my fingers there to help it.  I had to keep reminding myself to take my foot off the pedal so I wouldn't accidently sew me onto the rug.  OUCH!! 

Lastly is the backing.  This was a fat quarter that came in a bundle years ago.  I really didn't like it but it seemed perfect for this application and shouldn't show much dirt:  this little rug is going to reside on my craft table which gets quite messy.

Later today I will be taking pictures of my knitted shell.  It is not finished but the front and back are all done and seamed.  I think I will try to put it on a mannequin for pictures.  That post will probably show up tomorrow.

Have a great weekend everybody!  Gari 



2 comments:

Kate said...

A very cute finish!

Sherry said...

What a cute little mug rug, on your craft table is a perfect place for it, so cheerful.