Tuesday, February 21, 2017

This Is The Week

This is the week of my surgery.  Even though I was upset because the surgery didn't happen a couple of weeks ago, now I am nervous.  Today is Tuesday (night) and the surgery is Thursday (afternoon).  I know this going to be good for me but I am nervous anyway.  Over the last two weeks I have had an EKG, CT, and Blood Work.

Meanwhile, I am breaking the rule I made, "not starting anything new."  I am going to participate in the National Quilting Circle quilt block challenge.  It is a block pattern every week for 9 weeks.  The blocks don't look very difficult so I think I will be able to do one a week and have a nice little quilt top in a little over 2 months.


 These are the fabrics I have chosen for this quilt.  All of them are from stash so I am keeping with my "no buying new fabric" plan.  I am terrible at buying neutrals so I know I will have to purchase some of those as time goes by. 

2 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Love your fabric selection. I love neutrals so I have a very nice selection of them but I only buy 1 yard.....may have to change that. :)
Sending good vibes and prayers for a smooth surgery and recovery.

Kate said...

Love your fabric selections, neutrals with a pop of color. Praying for a smooth procedure and fast recovery time from your surgery.