Monday, December 14, 2009

Foggy Design Wall Monday

Last week I finally got my new design wall up and covered. I have been very slow to get everything put in whatever place it will be but since I don’t have any current deadlines it doesn’t seem to matter. So on my wall are three projects.

The blue feathered star is the next UFO I am going to be working on. I made it as part of a guild self taught class. I loved it but it got put on a back burner so I could work on other things. My plan is for this to be a table topper with friendship start all around the main block. First I will have to check to see if I have enough of the blue fabric.

The small block is my Eleanor Burns BOM. This is done with fusing appliqué, which I really like to do, but I think I would rather do this block in a regular piecing method. This BOM will be running until Feb or March so I don’t have to start thinking about how to put it together. But I do think I know what I will do with it when it is finished: but I’m not telling.

The last thing on the wall is a practice machine embroidery tiger that I will be putting on a shirt for my trip to the Outback Bowl. Be sure to check out the other design walls at Judy’s page.

So, as you can see, I am already setting up my sewing plans for the new year. I am collecting the instructions for Bonnie Hunter’s Carolina Christmas but won’t even think about that for a while. I have two other 2009 BOM’s finishing this month and three sets of swap blocks that need to be made into quilts so I will have UFOs to work on when 2010 rolls on in.

Saturday we had 5” of rain and our yard once again looks like we have waterfront property.

Edit on 12/15: we got an additional 5" on Monday, 12/14, and it is still raining.





And that’s our well, sitting in the middle of the new “pond.” It just goes to show that we shouldn’t lack for water around here for quite a while. Today we have warmer temps and extreme fog. Nice day for staying home and sewing.

Happy sewing/quilting.

3 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

OH MY! 5" of rain, I cannot imagine! The feathered star is on my someday list--I only want to make one block for a pillow, just to say I did it. I'm collecting fabric and instructions also for the Carolina Christmas--too many other things going on right now.
Keep your feet dry.

Pat said...

UGH...5 inches of rain! We had enough of a mess in our town with only 3 inches of that rain.

Miri said...

Today is the first day it hasn't rained since Friday and the weather report says it'll start again tomorrow...I know I shouldn't complain but...

Love the feathered star-I've had a paper piecing pattern for years that I've never used...hmmm, maybe you'll inspire me! Love your color choice with the fancy background and light star!