The good: I have gotten all the stems appliqued on my borders and have started on the flowers. The three borders on the design wall only have their flowers pinned on but I do have one border completed: all appliqued.
I appliqued the stems with a green thread but the flowers are being done with mono-poly.
Just seeing the flowers on the borders really makes me happy/excited. Doesn't it look like spring?
The bad: yesterday the light didn't come on with I opened the refrigerator. And, it didn't come on when I opened the freezer. Fortunately we have two refrigerators so I moved everything into the smaller one (everything but what needed to be thrown out anyway). I checked the circuit breaker but all were still on. Then later in the day I discovered that one of our lamps also didn't come on. So I have decided that we have a bad breaker. Tomorrow I will check it by switching a good breaker and if that is the problem, will get a new one and we will be back in business.
Meanwhile, I took the opportunity to clean the refrigerator. Top picture is the very clean, and smelling of bleach, refrigerator. The picture to the right is the many containers that were cleaned out during the purge. Not a fun afternoon but certainly well worth while.
Tomorrow, after my electrical experiment, I will be back in the studio. I want to get a backing put together but I am being called by those borders.