Sunday, January 29, 2012

“Life” Gets In The Way

There is nothing, nada, zip, on my Design Wall.  I had big plans.  If you want to see what I did get done please back up one post and you will see how far I got quilting Crazy Cats. (see edit below) I was so proud of myself and planned another almost full day of quilting before the weekend. 
However, DH had other ideas.
War Eagle 1
Enter Gari’s new car.   AGAIN!

War Eagle 2
This is a Chrysler 200, the replacement for the Sebring.  DH decided I needed to get back to having a convertible and he says he got a “really good deal.”  And he only went to the dealer to get the oil changed on his truck.  I can’t let him out of my sight.
Anyway, since he was going to be tied up Saturday I decided that I would take the War Eagle to the beach and introduce her to the beauty of white sands and emerald green waters.

War Eagle 3
Doesn’t she look pretty amidst all that beauty?  Of course it was a little chilly to let the top down but that’s the beauty of a convertible, you can choose how you want to drive.  There will be plenty of convertible days.
Now, my plan was a full day of driving and “beaching” on Saturday and then a full day of quilting on Sunday.  Not going to happen.  DH has decided that we need to drive back to Pensacola, by way of the beach, of course, and then go see the new Stephanie Plum movie.  Well, who could say no to that great idea?  Not me.  So quilting will have to wait until Wednesday when I will quilt and cut the fabric for the next comfort quilt (fabric already washed and ready).
If you came here wanting to see quilts, better hop on over to Judy’s blog where some people got something done.  Be right back

edit: I did get something done this week, I just forgot in all the excitement.
This is my 81/2" x 11" color challenge quilt.  I am using the format I did with the journal quilts last year and they can be displayed in a plastic holder.  I am trying to get out of my symetrical box.....not easy for me at all.

22 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

Wow, isn't she purty??? And so is her new car! ;) Enjoy your day, hope the top get to be down.

Love your journal quilt!

Pat said...

Nice car!!! I'm going to see that movie tomorrow with a few girlfriends. I have been looking forward to it for awhile now. I've read all the books and since I'm a Jersey girl (not anymore, of course), it makes me laugh to read some of the stuff about various areas of NJ.

Janet said...

Love the new ride!! Lucky girl.......

Denise :) said...

Sweet ride, Gari! But War Eagle?!? Better be careful driving that thing close to the Tide. LOL! Enjoy! :)

Nann said...

Your car could be in a commercial: blue car, blue sky, sandy beach....and a coordinating quiltlet!

Mary said...

I really like your color challenge project and I hope you really enjoy your new car!

Vicki H. said...

love that car!! Your quilt is very pretty, I wish I was fearless about applique. I don't have anything new on my design wall either but that's not to say I haven't been working on stuff. Enjoy the beach, we just got another 8 inches of snow...:)

Kathie said...

Nice car. Do you think that is a hint for you to take the cars for future oil changes...

Rhonda said...

Great car... don't blame you one bit for taking that baby for a ride!

Crazy CO Mom said...

The War Eagle!! Love it. :0)

Vicki W said...

Nice car and I love your color challenge piece!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Boy, at this point in the winter I think the beach would win over quilting too ;-)

Kate said...

Looks like a fur ride as my teen would say. She's been trying to get her Dad out of his 1989 Honda into something like a convertable. Can't drag him to a dealership.

Oooh, like your color challenge project. Happy sewing this next week.

Melinda said...

Great new car and lovely color challenge. What a good idea to make small quilts.

Sandra Kaye said...

Love the flowers, really cute!!! Hugs

Bonnie said...

Nice car, nice beach, wonderful color challenge... but how was the movie. I've listened to many of the Plum books and one of the readers is fantastic -- the trailers I've seen just don't seem the same! Hope you enjoyed it and I'm looking for a review... B.

Sharon-IN said...

Don't think I'd complain either if my DH came home with a car for me after a trip for an oil change! LOL Love your quiltie and the idea of making journal pages for the challenge. What fun!

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Love your color challenge flowers!

Judy Laquidara said...

That was an expensive oil change but it is a beauty and looks like it will be fun to drive. Your challenge piece is so cute - makes me ready for spring!

Angie in SoCal said...

Nice car. Love your challenge quilt!

Vicki @ DottyJane said...

Pretty challenge piece! And the car's not bad, either:)

Jennifer Townsend said...

Wow! Congratulations on your Chrysler 200. Yup, the beach is a perfect place to take this baby. I love that shade of blue! That's, indeed, a pretty car. =)