From what I can see, this is going to be on my design wall for a little while longer. I now have 9 wedges sewn and have 9 more to put together. However, I am still excited about how this is coming together. The colors are really much brighter than shown here: I don’t seem to be able to remember to take pictures until after the sun has gone down. Have you figured out what it is going to be?
Also on the wall are these blocks. It seems that when I finished putting the cats quilt together, I had lots of striped blocks. So, I cut them into 2 1/2” strips and began sewing them into 12” blocks. Here are 6 blocks and there will be 6 more. When I have them all done I will figure out what more will go with them: this is going to be a charity quilt. I usually have a lot of difficulty thinking quilt patterns that are good for boys but this one is certainly not gender specific.
Yesterday I got back to my iPad cover. These two panels are almost ready for some applique and then I will finish piecing the top. The interior will be made with the striped fabric as will the handles. The panels are resting on the foundation. However, I am being a little slowed down by the fact that I have decided to create two sections, one for the iPad and one for a keyboard. I had hoped to have this done (February Color Palette Challenge) by the end of this month but it looks like it will not be until March. Maybe for next month’s challenge, I will make a mug rug.
I had planned to have a picture of DH and his new quilt but between his getting sick (sinus and/or cold) and there being no sun for the last several days, no picture of them together has been taken. So check back later this seek and see if nature and nurture can conspire to get the two of them together. Stay tuned………