What I love about the first of this month is that my UFO for Sept, the quilt that hung around on the frame since June, is finished.
I got the binding on today and finally got a picture of the finish.
I haven’t washed it yet but that will get done tomorrow.
This was how the studio looked most of the day, two machines running with a lot getting done.
I embroidered this shirt. Unfortunately it has been a while since I did any embroidery so I forgot all the steps to stabilize this shirt so there are a couple of puckers.
So I did a second one. This was the first time I was happy to have to go to Walmart: this shirt was on sale for $3. Tomorrow I plan to do an “over shirt” to go with this one.
Oh, and I also made this label for a charity quilt that needs to get sent off this week. I hope to get it sewn on tomorrow.
All of the backing fabric is ready to be sewn together so one of the Christmas quilts should be on the frame either tomorrow or Sunday (I will be gone Friday and Saturday).
And I have the patterns ready for both the Funky Chicken #10 and Teapot #3.
Whacking all these items off my “to do” projects list has made me feel so good I am allowing me to go to a two day embroidery workshop (Friday and Saturday). The guest speaker/demonstrator is Mary Alice Smith. She used to teach a lot of machine embroidery and software classes but I haven’t seen her for a few years. I am really excited to find out what new she has to teach us and/or what new projects she has up her sleeve.
And, after two days of learning and creativity, I will be back to work on my BOMs and a couple of Christmas projects in addition to the two Christmas quilts.
Have a great week!