Monday, February 16, 2015

Design Wall

My design wall is sporting Blocks 1 & 2 of Morning Glory Designs' BOM. 

And once again I am so excited at how great the black button hole stitch looks on these blocks.  The flower and leaves are all done with batiks from stash.  I did buy the black background fabric.  I will need to take a better picture so the flame-like pattern can show up.












Just off the design wall are the three mug rugs I made for a swap on the Fat Cat Pattern Yahoo list.  She started the swap in Nov/Dec so I had plenty of time but the deadline was today .... I got them sent last Friday.  I have got to stop putting things off till the last minute.

 
 
And now the most exciting news.  Look at the next picture.  It is an antique, handmade cart and it is now mine.  The local yarn store is going out of business and she is selling all of the supplies and fittings including the antiques she bought to brighten up her store.  My plan is to use it to store my quilts.  And it will be in my bedroom where I will be able to see them every morning. 

9 comments:

loulee said...

That cart is a great find, what a lovely way to 'shop' for an extra layer at bedtime.

pollyanna said...

What a great find! I love the cart. Glad you have room for such a delightful addition :) And the mugrugs are fun :) You done good! BUt the greatest treat is the morning glories. Ohhhhhh they are delicious :)

Cathy said...

The cart is amazing! Absolutely love it.

Vicki W said...

The cart is a great find!

Kate said...

The mug rugs turned out beautifully and so did the blocks. Beautiful cart. It's sad the shop is going out of business though.

Jennifer said...

Great blocks, love the mug rugs, and awesome cart - looks like a good week all around!

Lynette said...

Oh my gosh! That cart is so cool! Awesome find. :D Love your mug rugs, and the BOM blocks are turning out so gorgeous.

Rose Prairie Quilts and Farm said...

Love your morning glory blocks. Really think the large portion of the iris is gorgeous. Look forward to seeing more.

Lady Jane said...

I made mugrugs also for Fat cats. LJ