Sunday, April 19, 2015

Design Wall & On The Needles


It took some doing but I finally got April's Tiger Lilly block put together.  It is not quite like the designer's plan but it is as close as I was going to get.  I call it "making it my own" rather than "I just couldn't get mine to come out like hers."  I have gotten a little over half of the stitching done on this Deco Gardens block and still have to stitch the Gingerbread Man

And in-between cutting, fusing, and stitching I have been knitting.  Besides the two pair of socks I have going I have begun my tunic.  The pattern is basically easy but the yarn is turning out to be as brilliant as the picture indicated.  I have to keep going doing the stockinet stitch for 15 to 15.5 inches so it will be showing up for some time.  The good news?  This sweater does not have sleeves.  I hope to have more done by Friday. 

As usual I am linking with Patchwork Times.  And I hope you all have a great week.  Gari

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I think your tiger lily looks great. The background fab is wonderful, black but with interest. Hum, my knitting slowed and is now stopped. My motivation flew out the door. Perhaps I'll pick it up again sometime soon.

~Kris~ said...

I really enjoy seeing your Art Deco blocks. I guess because they are so different than most quilt designs. I love the colors you are using for this block too. So sorry it was a challenge, but it looks great.