Saturday, September 5, 2015

And The Saga Continues


I finally started back on my lavender socks and completed the heels.  I did the FLK heels: I had to watch the videos 3 times before I could remember what I was supposed to do. Anyway I got the heels done and since I knit toe up I had to do 1” beyond the heels before I could start the leg. I was 3 rows into the leg before I noticed that I had dropped a stitch.  I looked around for my crochet hook but couldn’t find it so I am stuck until I can get back into the studio.  Sorry there is no picture.  Blogger is not letting me upload one at this time.



Health Update:  It took almost 2 weeks for the orthopedist to get back to me about a date for the hip replacement: Sept.8th.  And then I was scheduled for a pre-surgical registration and lab work appointment on this past Wednesday.  Part of the registration included an EKG and chest x-ray. Well, I had done almost everything when I was asked to return to the original office to talk with a cardiologist.  When I got there he told me my heart rate on the EKG was 27 (it looked like a flat-line on the print out).  Now I have had A-Fib for 15 years and it has been controlled with medication.  And I did know that my heart rate had slowed some in the last few months, but not this slow.  The cardiologist highly recommended a pace-maker. Would you believe I had that sucker implanted in my chest within 3 hours?  The real downside was that I had to stay in the hospital, with a heart monitor, so the doctor could see if it was going to work.  However my hip replacement surgery is still set for next Tuesday.  I was scheduled to be at the hospital at 9 but they called yesterday and told me to be there at 7.  For someone who is used to sleeping in every day this will be a real struggle for me.  ;-)



For now I’m back home and looking forward to having several members of our family here for a cookout today.  Our daughter and son-in-law have planned grilling shrimp and steaks along with frying scallops.  Additional family members expected are our youngest son and his wife with their two children and our oldest grandson and his wife with their son.  I am planning on sitting on the deck and enjoying being surrounded by family



I hope everyone in the USA enjoy a fun filled Labor Day weekend and that others in other countries enjoy their weekend.  Gari

6 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Let them all take charge and run the show for the cookout. This is your time to just enjoy the family. I hope everyone has a great time.

Judy D in WA said...

You just sit back and let everyone else take care of you. I'm so glad I checked in today to see how you were doing. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

3 hours for a pace maker...wow! That is incredible.
I hope you have a super speedy recovery from your hip surgery. "They" say it is the easiest recovery of all the replacements. I hope it is.

pollyanna said...

Oh my what a whirlwind of doctor stuff. I wish you all the best for your surgery and sending positive energy to you for everything else~~~

Kate said...

Wow, they did that really fast. Enjoy your family time this weekend. Hope you can find your crochet hook soon.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I wish you a successful surgery and a speedy recovery. Please take care of yourself. I can't imagine having two surgeries so close to one another.

ES said...

Look after yourself! I think the pacemaker will do its job and keep you well!