The first thing I have to do is thank Mary at http://blog.maryquilts.com/. Mary told me how she quilts Baptist Fans, freehand. I have to say it took me quite awhile to understand what she was telling me but on Monday I had a “light bulb” moment.
And so I began to quilt.
I did mark each row in 2” increments, just to help keep me on track.
And I quilted some more.
Do you see a problem there? See the wiggle in my fan? It shows up at the same place on every row and I have decided it is a scar on the rail somewhere. I will be calling HQ next week to see what can be done.
However I kept quilting and finally got it done on Tuesday.
Wednesday found me gearing up to begin a new Weight Watcher’s meeting. I had agreed to one and while I was stocking for that group I was asked if I would take on a second group. So home I came with lots of literature, paperwork and WW products. I start the first group tomorrow: it is 30 miles from home. The second group will be starting next Thursday: it is 75 miles away. I am wondering if I have cracked up. But I did tell DH that I will have to give up doing any housework in order to have time for my WW classes/paperwork and sewing/quilting time.
Anyway, this morning I sewed the binding on D9P#6 and he is finished.
And see how good he looks relaxing on the hammock.
Have a great weekend!