Monday, June 27, 2011

Another Design Wall Monday

16 patch comfort

This has to be the most boring design wall in history.  I did take this picture Sunday afternoon but it looks a lot like the picture I took Wednesday.  The difference, however, is that I have started sewing the rows together.

coming together

I have three more rows to do and the center will be done.  And I have already decided how I am going to quilt it…….

comfort panto

Isn’t this cute?  I got it last month as part of the ‘panto of the month’ program from Urban Elementz.

And speaking of UE, yesterday I got June’s panto and have decided to use it on JRJR panto

I think this will be perfect for that strip quilt.

Speaking of quilting, I started quilting on this today but had to rip it all out (only got 6” in).  The tension, which tested perfectly, went all whacky.  I think it is really the thread but after ‘unstitching’ I was not ready to try again.  Perhaps this afternoon.

And one last picture, since my last cat picture did so well…          coffe break

I am not really into bathroom humor but I cam around the corner and this was what I saw.  She has water both inside in the kitchen and outside on the deck, so where does she drink?  No wonder she was so laid out last week.

 

14 comments:

andsewon said...

Still pretty patch work. That quilting design is cute!
Bathroom humor...hahahaha.

Denise :) said...

I pulled up your JR and I definitely agree -- that quilting design will work wonderfully with it! And LOL on the cat. They are such funny critters! Happy Monday! :)

Donna said...

The top has a happy feel to it! Love the panto. My daughter loves frogs so I will be looking into that one.

Quilter Kathy said...

The leapfrog quilting design is very cool!
I am fascinated by the cat...is it the colour of the water she likes? Or being oppositional defiant? Or the excitement/danger of possibly falling in?

Judy D in WA said...

Sewing rows together means it's almost ready for quilting and that's a good thing. :) Love those pantos!

And bathroom humor...why not! The crazy animals. I think they drink toilet water because it's cold...and I will continue to think that.

Miri said...

Pretty top!

I thought only dogs did that! :)

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Love the pantos and it looks like your quilt is really coming together, cute colors. Gotta love our pets......my cats love to drink from the bath-tub.

Vicki H. said...

Nice quilt and the pantos are very cute. I have a one hour limit on the long arm before I get a little frazzled when things don't go smoothly. It will probably be fine today!!

Chris said...

Boring is in the eye of the beholder and I think it is great. I love 30s print quilts. They are always so cheerful.

Bonnie said...

Oh my you are getting so much done. I'm giving Ruthie another try today. She's been giving me grief recently but I think I have an out of round bobbin. We'll see.

How do you like your panto of the month? It would certainly provide me with different pantos then I usually use. I think I'll look into it myself. And, Hawaiian Holiday would look great on the JR quilt. (And what does JR stand for ... jelly roll?)

It always amazes me what animals get into! Enjoyed your blog today.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad the cat does not know how to flush, LOL!

I love the frog panto, don't you just love Urban Elementz??!! I have some of their pantos,too. They are special.

Happy quilting!

marcella said...

Your quilt top looks so fresh and cheerful! Not boring. That frog design is cute but too detailed for me! Can't wait to see how it turns out for you.

kwiltnkats said...

The leap frog panto is really cute and will look great on the quilt. Ms Murphy! My Kaos hangs out next to the bathroom sink waiting for someone to turn the faucet on. Love last weeks sleeping position! Sandi

Marla said...

LOVE that froggy panto!