Monday, February 25, 2013
It is finished!!
I got the quilting done on Friday and the binding done on Saturday.
And this is the back. I am really happy with the way this has turned out and plan to have it on my bed this week.
I did have fun taking these pictures cuz I am really proud of my Easy Street: little itty bitty units pieced in December, blocks and rows pieced in January and quilted and bound in February. The quilt is 101” square and covers my queen sized bed more than adequately.
And here is what is on my design wall today. The center of this little quilt has been done for some time but I couldn’t find anything to put with it, until recently.
This is the border fabric: doesn’t it look more like flowers in the picture above. And yet it really looks more like a computer board. I found it in a little uniform shop where they make nurse’s scrubs to order. And I bought 15 yards at $1.99 a yard. Needless to say, it will show up in several comfort quilts before it gets all used up.
I am going to try to spend some time this week quilting the above, refining the layout for Funky Chickens and maybe even cutting some fabric for it, and doing some machine applique before the new blocks come out. But the thing I am looking forward to the most is a quilt show being held in Destin, FL next weekend.
But first I am going to Patchwork Times to see what other quilters are working on. See ya there, Gari