Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Owls Everywhere

Newest owlI have been really working on catching up on the owl BOM from Fat Cat Patterns.    He is one of the bigger blocks (see below). 















current owlsThis is most of the owls I have completed.  One is under the needle being appliqued.  I only have one more block to complete and I will be all caught up.  Of course that block is another 3 owl composition, like the one on the bottom left, so it may take me the rest of the month to do.  The sashing in this picture is just up there as an idea.  They are leftovers from a binding I used several years ago and I don’t have enough to complete this quilt.  Crying face







Red CactusMy red Christmas cactus is in full bloom. 













White Cactus 2But I am really impressed with the white cactus.  Doesn’t this bloom look like an orchid?  Of course it is only a little over an inch across so I wouldn’t be able to use it for a corsage.  Winking smile










Keeping warm The temps here in the Deep South have dipped below freezing so look how the doxies are keeping themselves warm.










My babiesThey did spare a little time for me, posing for this picture. 












War EagleAnd I took this picture for my daughter in law who is a rabid Auburn fan.  The sweater came with our older doxie but it now fits Sherlock.  I tried to get him to do  a cheer but he said it was too cold.  Rolling on the floor laughing

4 comments:

Lynette said...

Awww, poor cold babies!! Yeah, that's super cold in that southern humidity. People out here in Colorado have no clue, so I laugh at them when they laugh at my Florida friends crying about their 25 degrees. I can't convince them that a Florida 35 feels like a Colorado 0! LOVE your latest owl. Super fabric for his belly - perfect soft feathery look. :)

Gretchen said...

Love love love your owls!!! I've been printing these blocks out to save them for a "some day" quilt. We did have quite a change in temperature here in the South didn't we? It was colder than Santa Fe and Michigan LOL! The doxies have the same idea as my cats when temperatures dip into the really cold zone. There is warmth in company :)

Karin said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THE OWLS!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Nice Blog. glad I ran across it. I will be folowing you. thanks for such great work
Karin
http://openbeauty.blogspot.com/

Kate said...

The owls are looking great! Poor puppies, hopefully the temps have warmed up a bit and they are happier.