I have moved this charity quilt to the frame where it is resting, waiting for me to make the backing. I can’t remember if I told you the name I have chosen, it is “Nothing is All Black and White.”
I started on the backing but made some mistakes. Here is where I sewed two pieces of fabric to one piece, not planned: I had done one full seam and half of the second when I noticed there were the two fabrics stuck together. So I started to unsew the seam and then saw that I had done the same thing with the preceding seam. It was then that I decided that I was feeling somewhat frustrated and needed to stop what I was doing and spend some time peacefully knitting.
This is my plan for the backing. Each row will be 20” and the colored pieces will be randomly placed.
I did get one finish for August. This little wall hanging was made last year but I didn’t get around to binding it until this last week. I have a table runner that also needs binding but I seem to have run out of black fabric. Oh, my, I guess I need to go fabric shopping. Oh, I got this pattern from Rhonda at Ravelly1.
Tomorrow I will do some unsewing, resewing, and sewing to hopefully get my charity quilt up on the frame. I really feel like doing some quilting. But for sewing/quilting breaks I will be knitting: I am almost done with the back of my new sweater. I hope to be on to one front piece by the time we meet again on Friday.
Meanwhile I am linking with Patchwork Times and I hope you have a great week. Gari