Sunday, August 31, 2014

Slowly Moving Along

IMG_3694I have moved this charity quilt to the frame where it is resting, waiting for me to make the backing.  I can’t remember if I told you the name I have chosen, it is “Nothing is All Black and White.”





























IMG_3695I started on the backing but made some mistakes.  Here is where I sewed two pieces of fabric to one piece, not planned: I had done one full seam and half of the second when I noticed there were the two fabrics stuck together.  So I started to unsew the seam and then saw that I had done the same thing with the preceding seam.  It was then that I decided that I was feeling somewhat frustrated and needed to stop what I was doing and spend some time peacefully knitting.










xxThis is my plan for the backing.  Each row will be 20” and the colored pieces will be randomly placed.



























Happy HalloweenI did get one finish for August.  This little wall hanging was made last year but I didn’t get around to binding it until this last week.  I have a table runner that also needs binding but I seem to have run out of black fabric.  Oh, my, I guess I need to go fabric shopping.  Embarrassed smile  Oh, I got this pattern from Rhonda at Ravelly1.





Tomorrow I will do some unsewing, resewing, and sewing to hopefully get my charity quilt up on the frame.  I really feel like doing some quilting.  But for sewing/quilting breaks I will be knitting: I am almost done with the back of my new sweater.  I hope to be on to one front piece by the time we meet again on Friday.


Meanwhile I am linking with Patchwork Times and I hope you have a great week.  Gari

5 comments:

loulee said...

Love that charity quilt.

straythreads said...

great looking quilt and love the backing sorry about the ripping some days are like that and some days the knitting is like that.

Ramona said...

What a great name for your charity quilt! The backing will be beautiful, too. Your mini quilt is so cute!.

Kate said...

What a fun plan for the back of your charity quilt. Love the name of it too.

Bonnie said...

That black and white quilt looks great. You've taken the 1600 quilt and made it yours. And, way better looking than the originals.

Glad to see you into your quilting.