Friday, March 20, 2015

Completed Socks

 
 

 This week I have concentrated on two activities: these socks and a gift.  I took this picture as I finished the smooth tomato heels on these socks.  I am really impressed with how easy they are to do and how the 3 wedges show up.
This is the top of my socks.  I like a deep toe and then I added a k2, sl1 to give the top some pizzazz.  I really like how this turned out.
 
 
 

Here they are together, top and bottom.  I love the colors and want to have them to wear just in case it turns cool again (unlikely here in the deep south).

And here are my completed socks.  They have not been blocked but I think I am going to keep these in the car to take into restaurants that are so cold.  I have a sweater in both of our cars just for that purpose. This way I will be able to use the socks prior to winter coming back upon us.
 
I will be linking with Patchwork Times and then it is back to my secret project.  Sunday is DH's birthday (74) and I need to get his gift finished.  It has been really hard to stay on it since he keeps coming into the studio with either coffee or ideas of how to spend money.  I fear I succumbed to both.  ;-)  Have a great weekend.

6 comments:

Mary said...

Neat socks!

Dar said...

Congrats on your sock finish. They are really cool looking for keeping your tooties warm.

How sweet that your DH brings you coffee as you are working.

Judy D in WA said...

I love them! So bright and happy. Love the little bit of texture. Great idea to keep socks in the car.
Good luck with the secret project.

Judy S. said...

Fun socks! I keep a pair of pocketbook slippers in our car to wear at DD#2's house. Happy celebrating!

Kate said...

Love those bright colors! Good luck finishing up your guy's gift.

Teri said...

Love the socks.....what pattern do you use...are you doing magic loop or 2 circular needles......I need to learn this way of knitting 2 socks at once thing....