On the good front: Saturday I completed the strips for my March calendar challenge, including the potential appliqué for it. I wanted to get it done so I didn't have to do it in April. LOL
I had gotten up early so I got these done, just prior to DH’s decision that we should drive to Pensacola (100 miles) to get bird seed and dog toys (and of course eat out). So off in the rain we went and had a good time.
This morning I spent some time working on a guild challenge idea. We have two “ugly” fabrics that must be used and can add 4 more. It is not due until September but an idea came to me in the middle of the night so I started drawing. I will share pictures of the fabrics next time (forgot to take pictures)
This afternoon I practiced on my first
I did pretty well on the first pass.
And the second pass was part of the first pass, so no problems there.
But when I had to advance I didn’t do so well: missed it by about 2 ½ inches.
I was able to adjust and the last 2/3rds was ok.
I also noticed that I got more comfortable with it and was not as tense toward the end. I think I will use the good part of this to make a notebook cover to go with my datebook.