Then I washed and dried it again this morning. I was very impressed with how the border blocks fit right to the body of the quilt and were neither lighter or heaver, especially since I used flannel for the blocks and polyester batting for the body.
Also last night I decided that there should be a quilt for the mother also so I am going to include this.
I have had this one in the studio for a few months, see posting about it here, and it just kind of jumped out at me saying “I need to go along with the rag quilts.” So this is what I will be sending with my daughter on Wednesday.
I am taking them all to Weight Watchers Monday since I snipped all through the meeting last Monday and was asked if they would be able to see the finished quilts (non-quilters there). I will also be taking them to guild on Tuesday (showing them off) and then to my daughter on Wednesday. I believe she will be taking them to the family on Thursday.
Today I tried getting back to some of my neglected projects. I am in an internet machine embroidery block swap. I had already done the embroidery part prior to the above tragedy so today I prepared the rest of the parts to the block.