Saturday, July 25, 2009

Snails Runaway

Thursday I became very frustrated. I could not decide what I wanted to do for a backing for this quilt.

I did prepare the label which is the leftover block and will be appliquéd to the back prior to quilting.

But for several hours I planned, put fabrics on the design wall, and paced with no idea of how to back this quilt. Finally I gave up and left the studio: “Gari has left the studio!” Friday morning, however, I started searching through fabrics that I had not considered and found 10 yards, count them, 10 yards of fabric with red and gray sea shells. So I cut off 5 yards, cut and pressed it in preparation for stitching it and then I closed up the studio and we went to the beach.

And this is where I am now, Perdido Key in the panhandle of FL. When we got here this was my first priority: a comfortable chair, coffee, and a good book.

This was first thing this morning: the sun does not hit our deck as we are facing south.

By 7:30 this morning this was the beach, surf, sand, and fishermen. Boy will this be different later this morning.

We are staying in a friend’s condo, enjoying the sound of the surf, the smell of the salt air, and having no responsibilities, until Sunday evening. Then it is back to the real world.


Pat said...

VERY nice getaway! Is it a long drive from where you live?

True Blue Nana said...

We are at the beach too. I brought my hand quilting to work on. The grandsons are coming today so I don't know how much I will get done! Have a great time.

quiltmom said...

It looks like a lovely place to get away to- we are having a real hot spell in Alberta and the beach looks like a wonderful beckoning place to keep cool.
Your photos are lovely.
Warmest regards,