Given how busy I seem to be, one would not think I had time to “muse.” But when I am piecing, I tend to think. What I have been thinking this week is that I don’t think any of my family reads my blog. I think that when I first started writing some did, but I don’t think they do now. I am careful to not show the things I may be making for them but I never get comments about what I am doing or what I share about the goings on in my/our lives. Now, I don’t know how I feel about this, maybe a little hurt and maybe a little relieved. Fortunately, musings don’t have to come to any conclusion, just flit around in my head and then leave.
The batik part of this post is much more exciting. I started a new project Monday. A little history first. A couple of years ago I made two sweatshirt jackets.
Then one year ago I started Weight Watchers and after a 60# weight loss, they are too big for me. I really hate that because I love them but I haven’t seen a good way of altering them so I decided I needed to make a new one. Here are the parts I have so far made.
This is the back.
This is one of the fronts.
And this is one of the sleeves.
I love the dog batik and have had it around for at least 2 years. The colored squares were a pack of batik nickels I won at guild about 4 years ago and never had any idea of what to do with them. But Monday I had inspiration and off I went. I paired 2 nickels with a 91/2” square of the dog fabric and then made up 3 mini quilts to cover the back and two fronts. Then I cut smaller batik squares, paring them with orange strips, and ran them down the middle of each of the sleeves with a different batik flanking it. Anyway, I had hoped to get this done today but, alas, I chose to spend time with family instead. I will be gone every day for the next three days so I won’t get back to it until at least Sunday. Too bad, too, since we are supposed to actually get some Fall temps over the weekend and I probably will wish I had it to wear. Anyway, Sunday I will be trying to figure out what to use for the binding and then serge the parts together and bind.