Sunday, October 25, 2009

No Design Wall Monday

This has been a week of little progress. Almost every day I have gone to the studio and then been interrupted with other things. I did get the top done on a gift quilt and have most of the pieced back done.

Yesterday we traveled north for a wedding. The couple had gone to Las Vegas to get married but yesterday was the formal Catholic service. And, after that, they will be doing a formal Greek Orthodox service. I guess that after all that they will really be married: lets see them get out of that. LOL





While waiting for the wedding, DH and I did some antiquing/flea marketing. I did not find anything I wanted until the last place where I found this.

I’m sure it was supposed to be a medicine cabinet but I saw a thread cabinet for my quilting thread cones. It has three doors and is very sturdy. It won’t be going up on the wall until I make some changes in my studio configuration.











DH also got something to go in his “cowboy” front room.


He has a lot of Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Hopalong Cassidy books and I thought this would be a perfect place to display them.














This afternoon I was off to the next town over where our quilt guild is holding a small quilt show next weekend. We have been given the opportunity to use a small four room house for a three day show but first we needed to clean it. When we walked into the front door this was what greeted us.



The next room had 3 dining tables with four chairs each along with two pillars, a small marble table and a small narrow table and chair. The only room that was not filled with furniture was the kitchen but now all of the chairs are in there and all the knick knacks that filled the walls and tables. Then we swept all the floors and wiped down all the other surfaces.























Tuesday evening we will be hanging the quilts and the show begins Friday evening. I will be working the show Friday and again Sunday afternoon as well as the take down and clean up.

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Looks like you have been very busy! and yes with a wedding like that - 3 times it will be hard to get out of :)
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Browndirtcottage said...

Wow...3 'weddings'!!! Your quilt show will be wonderful in that little house...LOL..isn't funny how
nothing ever comes for free...you PAY...in you all's case..lots of sweat and elbow grease....

Pat said...

I love that horse bookshelf....GREAT place for those old cowboy books! I'm sure the quilt show will be charming in that house....but I'm sorry it was such a pain to get it ready for the show.

Julie in the Barn said...

The little house sounds like a fun place to hold a quilt show (except for the preparation part.) I love the little medicine cabinet. It will be perfect for your threads.

Kim said...

Oh nice.....now we have seen the "before" pictures be sure to take the ones with the quilts in place so we can see how great it looks "after"! Looks like it is going to be a sweet show.

Happy sewing

Roslyn said...

Great antiquing finds! I am coveting both.