Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Week That Was

So I figured that when I wrote my last post I would be ready to get back into the studio and start getting things done. Thursday was spent finishing up housework and reading as well as spending some time with the puppies. So on Friday I finally got to the studio and worked on my Eleanor Burns BOM block for about 15 min. when DH showed up and asked me if I would be interested in looking at a new car. Six hours and 100 miles later I was the proud new owner of this: a Mazda RX8.













Saturday dawned somewhat chilly but again found me in the studio. 15 min of work on the BOM when, again, DH showed up, asking if I would like to go out for breakfast and a run to NWFL, getting some drive time in the new car. While in FL we did some antiquing and I got this sewing accessory. It seems to have been made in Germany by Pfaff but I don’t think it was ever used.






And, we also made two stops at quilt stores. At Margie’s I bought this fabric. It is my plan to make pillows for DH’s “cowboy room” and some extra to see if I can either make covers for the backs of our table chairs or possibly reupholster them, if I can figure out how. LOL






At the Quilting Station I bought these beautiful fabrics.
And this t-shirt.

































Now, 30 min of sewing over 5 days didn’t seem enough so today, except for a lunch break, I have been sewing. I completed, yes, completed the BOM, appliquéd two basked blocks, two Dresden plate blocks, and embroidered labels for the last two quilts.

And, so I don’t get bored, I set up fabric for two new projects. Slow start but a roaring end to the week.

8 comments:

Lurline said...

Hmmm, that Mazda, yes, please!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Pretty neat little car. Drive time straight to a quilt shop, sounds good. I love that orange stripe.

Pat said...

Nice car...maybe you can program it to show you ALL the quilt shops whenever you are out for a drive??? Love the Quilt Diva shirt, too....I have that pattern and have (in progress) a wall-hanging of her!

Sharie - Moss Bluff said...

That is a neat little car. You are going to look jazzy going to quilt shops.

Anonymous said...

Great car, but I'm really in love with the cowgirl fabric! And I love your husband's Cowboy Room!

Twisted Quilts said...

OMG!! the car!! I am so jealous. What a neat thing for DH to do. I like the fabric too.

Browndirtcottage said...

WOW....Cute car....Hair blowing in the breeze....on the way to a quilt shop...LIFE IS GOOD!!!

QuiltedSimple said...

Great car!! Love the fabric - sounds perfect to me:)
Kris