Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Design Wall Wednesday

OK, that’s only to say there is something different on my design wall today. I have been working on my Esther Eliu BOW and have got the 12 paper pieced blocks done.


They don’t go into a star, I don’t think, but it was fun to play with them as I put them on the wall. For some reason I had difficulty with these: I think I have forgotten how to count. Anyway they are done and I started tracing out the applique (I will be using the fused applique method).


I am only two weeks behind and of course I won’t be able to sew for the next 2-3 days. But everything is set up, ready for me to get back to over the weekend.





I did finish the Hugs & Kisses quilt and it was gifted today. I really think it looks great with the green binding.





And we have one new thing at our house. It rained here yesterday, first time in three weeks, and DH became worried that the cats (outside cats) were getting wet. So he made this “lean-to” for them. It is sitting on the deck, next to the front door. I know one of the cats has found the top for afternoon naps but I don’t know if they have tried the inside or not. This is real country living.

3 comments:

Gina said...

THe binding looks great on the quilt. I love it.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Judy D in WA said...

The Hugs and Kisses quilt is perfect!
I'm looking forward to watching the EE BOW.
And I love the cat house. :)

Roslyn said...

Cute cat house, and yeas people do think quilters are a little crazy but they also envy & admire us & tend to love the results of our craziness,LOL