Friday, October 29, 2010

Blogger’s Quilt Festival

This is my first year to enter the Blogger’s Quilt Festival. And I decided that my entry would be my interpretation of Bunny Hill’s 2009 BOM A Tisket A Tasket and which I named Baskets and Lace. I completed the blocks in December 2009 and the full quilt was completed in January 2010.

This was my first attempt at any kind of applique. I did fusible applique and was very pleased with the outcome. Then the baskets needed to become a quilt. I went through all my fabrics and shopped in several different fabric shops but nothing seemed right. Then one day I remembered a ream of lace I had bought several years ago. That lace was perfect for the sashing and then one of my stash fabrics looked perfect. I am always surprised that fabrics speak up at just the right time.





The quilting was free motion machine quilting. I varied the filler in the blocks and followed the lace pattern in the sashing. Because the border fabric was so busy I only quilted loops.






I always label my quilts and usually with a machine embroidered label. It is always fun to hunt through all the designs I have collected to find one that fits the front.


This quilt will be entered in it’s first quilt show November 11-13. The local quilt guild is putting on a quilt show so Baskets and Lace will be making it’s debut.

Be sure to head on over to the Blogger’s Quilt Festival to see the online quilt show.

10 comments:

Melinda said...

Great choice for your entry. I really love this quilt.

Gina said...

It's stunning. I love the lace sashing

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Deborah said...

Lovely quilt!

annemariesquilt said...

Your Tisket and Tasket quilt is a wonderful quilt and is very special with the lace.
My entry in the Bloggers Quilt Festival is also a Tisket and a Tasket Quilt. I loved making it!!
Take care and have more fun..

Chris said...

I am soooo willing to adopt this quilt!!! (((((grin))))
It is beautiful.

Barb in Mi said...

Oooh, love your baskets! Enjoy the BQF!

Carol said...

Pretty interpretation of A Tisket A Tasket.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Such a lovely quilt!

Kate said...

The lace looks great as the sashing. Beautiful work and a gorgeous quilt!

Karen said...

This was a lovely block of the month. Love your choice of colours. The quilt looks great!