Monday, January 10, 2011

Design Wall and Family

Checking it out

This is the help I was getting when I tried to show what was on my design “swing.”

top finished

But I had to show that I finally got my flannel log cabin quilt top finished. I decided on a black containment border (I didn’t have enough of the redish center fabric) and then just got the outer border on. Today I hope to get the backing pieced and get everything on the frame for quilting.

After that is done I will be working on BOM blocks: I am doing 3 internet BOMs in addition to 1 LQS BOM and still have my Snowbound blocks to finish (hand embroidery). That should give me plenty of UFOs for next year, don’t you think?

We did have a short but wonderful visit with my sister and brother-in-law. This was an evening of almost non-stop laughter; what fun!

1-2011 Visit

Waunita and Lisa 1-2011

And our DD was really excited to be able to spend some time with her “Aunt:” there is only 7 years between them.

Jasper 15 yr old

The nicest part of the visit was having 15 year old Jasper here. He is arthritic but was up, running around the house and prancing like an arthritic puppy. They said he was exhausted by the time they got back to the motel.

Abby & Buffy & Nita

As you can see, Abby and Buffy were mesmerized by his behavior which brought on more laughter.

I hope to have something new on the wall next week but for now, hop on over to Judy’s blog to see what lots of others are working on.

14 comments:

Gretchen said...

Great log cabin finish! The little black border is perfect.

Lisa Marie said...

The quilt looks great! Love the colors in it. It will be a cozy one for sure.

Chris said...

The black border just finishes it. I love your quilt.

Cathy said...

Great log cabin quilt, and the borders are perfect.

Quilter Kathy said...

Perfect borders! Love it!

Judy D in WA said...

The quilt is fabulous and looks so cozy! Your sister and DD look alot alike. Looks like you are getting a great start on UFOs for 2012. LOL We must make sure the UFOs are well stocked. :)

Kate said...

The border looks great. Good luck on all the BOM's. Three will keep you hopping!

Melinda said...

All the wonderful BOM's out there are so tempting. Your log cabin quilt is wonderful. I hope you are staying safe and warm.

Gina said...

Love the log cabin quilt

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Mama Spark said...

It looks like you guys had a GREAT time!! Love that log cabin quilt. It feels so good to finish, doesn't it?

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Love that LC quilt. Your pups are just precious.

Gmama Jane said...

Small World!! I'm from Alabama as well and am a retired special ed. teacher. I'm originally from West Virginia but moved to Alabama in 1977, my husband's home. I live just north of Huntsville. Where are you located? We are enjoying a big snow, are you?
I'm going to become a follower of your blog so hop on over to mine and join me as well
Gmama Jane
http://grandmamasstories.blogspot.com

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Oh - sweet family times! I just love your quilt - and thanks for the giggle - plenty of UFO's for next year LOL! Have lots of fun with all those BOMS!!

Alycia said...

Great log cabin quilt!!