Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Honeysuckle Time

Honeysuckle time

 

Morning and night we are greeted by the smell of Honeysuckle.  I love that sweet and clean fragrance.  Last year there wasn’t any in our yard so imagine my surprise when it showed up in abundance this year. 

But, that didn’t keep me from spending time in the studio.  I have the binding sewn on the Eleanor Burns BOM and now will need to find the time to do the hand sewing.  And I also got some hand embroidery done on my Snowbound blocks.  I may just be able to make a quilt out of them, yet.

I also got caught up with the LCQAL blocks.

LCQAL Block 11

Here is block 11.  I had to do some fiddling with the pattern (changed the fabrics) but it came together rather quickly.

LCQAL Block 12

 

And this is block 12.  The circles were part of the fabric so I didn’t do anything special there.  I do like both of these blocks.

LCQAL blocks done

Here are all the blocks together.  I really am not fond of the brown or dark green fabrics so am considering breaking them up into two smaller quilts.  But that decision will have to wait until some other projects are closer to completion.

Well, that’s it so far.  Wed and Thurs are Weight Watchers days and then it is back to the studio for some more sewing time.

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I love your quilt blocks - I still need to work on mine.

McIrish Annie said...

i LIKE ALL OF THE BLOCKS TOGETHER EXCEPT FOR THE GREEN AND BROWN. IT STICKS OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB. THE BOOTS WELL, JUST AWESOME!

I CAN RELATE TO YOUR REPAIR OF THE NIGHTGOWN. IT'S HARD TO FIND LIGHTWEIGHT COTTON GOWNS THAT DON'T COST A FORTUNE. SAME FOR FLANNEL PJS WHICH I WEAR ALOT HERE UP NORTH. I'VE STARTED MAKING MY OWN PAJAMA PANTS AND SOME FOR MY DH. WE JUST WEAR THEM WITH LONG SLEEVE TSHIRTS.

Quilter Kathy said...

I love your blocks! I have a couple blocks that I didn't love, but I think once you get a sashing on and a border fabric, it's all good!