It’s quilted. I finished it this afternoon and am very pleased with how it has turned out. Now all I have to do is make up the scrappy binding and this comfort quilt is good to go.
I used a panto and I know I took a picture of both it and the name but for some reason it didn’t make it so I will retake those pictures and share them later.
The quilting does not show on the back unless you look at it at an angle. Usually I like that but this time I had no tension problems or breaks so I would have been happy to have the quilting show. However, since this will go to a child it is probably best that it doesn’t show anything, quilting or dirt.
When I finished the quilting I started working on the Underground Railroad quilt: I squared up the blocks and began sewing the sashing between the blocks. As I walked into the sewing room of the studio I suddenly really saw what that room looks like.
You would have thought I would have noticed that mess before but I tend to just see what I am working on and not anything else. Well, I took the picture so I would be so embarrassed that I would make time to find that table top, and the one you can’t see to the right. There must be at least 4 projects scattered out in that space.
However, when I turned to walk into the next room, the cutting a pressing room, this was what I saw:
Well, my goodness, there seems to be a pattern here. So now, here is my dilemma, do I take some time to really clean this up or do I use that same time to get some sewing and/or quilting done.
Well, I guess I will take some time to ponder that question, so I’ll get back to you as to what my priorities are.