OK, this will be a short rant: I HATE PRE-WASHING FABRIC. Here you see the fabric for one of the two block swaps I am in. The first "rule" was to pre-wash the fabric. Well, the washing isn't so bad but then there is the folding of wrinkled fabric, ironing the wrinkled fabric, refolding (wrangling) the fabric in order to cut it into submission for sewing.
So, because I agreed to two swaps, I got to spend one entire day just doing the full washing routine. I had planned on getting all that fabric cut but it just didn't happpen.
The top picture also includes the embroidery that will be in the center of the blocks. The embroidery is 5" and is tone on tone. I have all 12 of these embroideries done and ready to be sewn into the blocks.
In the second picture is the embroidery for the second swap. These embroideries are 4" and I have 6 of the 12 done. Everything is now cut for both swaps and I hope to be sewing them next weekend.
I also got all the fabrics ready for putting together my Carpenter's Star quilt but decided I needed to check the cutting directions first so that cutting will be done on Wednesday.
I put the dragon back on the wall to see if the fabric I had would work. Well, I really like it but there is not enough. So, I spent all Saturday afternoon visiting fabric stores, trying to find something similar. It was a no go so today I am going to do some traveling with DH and visit at least 3 more before I go with plan B. The funny thing is that I found a new fabric for the flames so I may be making them on Wednesday, too.
For those who had checked in with me last week, I am feeling much better. Since I was sick I have heard from several others that they have experienced the same "crud" I have had. I still have some cough but it is so nothing compared to last week. I am so happy to be feeling better and getting back to the studio and to fabric play.