This has been the week of Henrietta.
I started the quilting with this block. And this is my attempt at McTavishing. I am going to have to watch the DVD again. However, I think it kind of looks like the wind is blowing.
Here we have the Acorn Lane stipple and a small piece of the border quilting.
This block just had loops along with the outlining of the appliques.
The third block got wavy lines, up and down on top and side to side on the bottom.
The square in a square blocks have continuous curves and a flower in the center.
On this block I did wavy lines again but this time they followed the jumping squirrels.
For the basket block I used echo quilting.
The last block I’ve gotten done got a basket weave quilting pattern. I did mark a grid but the markings were all gone by the time I got to the end.
I have three more blocks to quilt but need to spend some time coming up with three different fillers for them.
I am using batting scraps for this quilt. It has taken 4 strips, plus a couple of small pieces to patch the holes. I find it very interesting that in the areas that are quilted I cannot see or feel where the pieces overlap.
Even though this is not part of Henrietta I did want to show my finished batik scrap placemats. They are so pretty that yesterday, when we were having sloppy joes, I turned them over just incase we “slopped” on them.
Well, that’s about all that’s going on around here. I have a couple of other projects to work on so probably will not get back to Henrietta until the weekend.
Have a great rest of the week. Gari