The first thing I got done was this month’s teapot. I was really excited to get this done because when next month’s comes out I will have them all and be ready to plan the quilt’s setting.
Then I looked at this temp. wall I have set up so I can make sure I don’t use the same fabrics over again. And I counted and only came up with 9 finished teapots. Now, I have looked “everywhere” for it but can’t find it. I couldn’t believe I had not made all of them but finally went back through my blog to find which one wasn’t on my wall.
After a blog search I found this picture of the missing pot. At least I know I made it, now I just have to figure out what I did with it. I am usually so good at keeping everything together, I wonder what happened. Anyway, I will keep looking until the next one is done and if it hasn’t been found, I guess I will make it again.
The next thing I worked on was the binding for this Jelly Roll Quilt a Long quilt.
I am so glad I decided against borders. I think the binding right on the blocks is just right.
And it even looks great with the backing fabric. And now it is ready to give hugs to a teen girl in foster care.
This is a fuzzy picture of my next project. This is a “BOM” being featured at the Fat Quarter Shop. Actually, I think they post a new segment every other week, but I am three weeks behind so I am not really sure.
So here are all of the parts cut for the gingerbread men. Mine will all be the same fabric with some differences in the bows. All that being said, I really don’t like having to cut up all those little pieces (1 1/2” squares), but it had to be done.
Now with all those little pieces in hand, I started sewing gingerbread men. This is how far I got yesterday but I hope to actually see gingerbread men by the end of today.
Part of the reason I didn’t get more done was because Sadie made me spend time on the hammock with her. Puppies can be so pushy.
And the most important thing this morning is that today is my mother’s 91st birthday. And I am hoping that she has received my package because I am going to share her gift on the post. But first I must tell this story.
I had a plan for her Mother’s Day gift. I got ready to make it and the device I needed to make it all work, the printer, didn’t work. It took me a month to get it working well enough to print pictures with the right colors.
So finally the pictures got printed, first on paper and then on fabric.
What I made was this little pillow. It is to be an attachment to a pillow I made for her a few years ago that had pictures of her two children, our four children, our then six grandchildren, and one great grandson.
And I put pictures on both sides because I just love this one.
The bowl is a chicken and is her birthday gift. Mother collects chickens and this seemed perfect for morning cereal and/or lunch/dinner soup.
Happy Birthday, Mother!