Thursday, June 12, 2014

Needles, etc.

new toe-up socksWell, this mess doesn’t look like much, does it?  This is try 1, of 3 tries, at beginning a new pair of toe-up socks using a beginning method new to me.  Have you heard of Very Pink Knits?  Staci is a knitting teacher who writes patterns and shares techniques through YouTube videos.  Anyway, I tried remembering the video directions and had problems.  So then I tried just doing my own cast-on, which worked but I felt that I had failed my “test” so I pulled it out again, watched the video again and then got started over.  I know have the toes almost done but it is time to watch the third video about how to finish up the short rowing on the toe. Then I will have the easy time doing the foot.









new sweater yarnAnd here is the new yard I got for my next sweater.  I am going to repeat the last sweater, this time with a yarn that matches the pattern.  I know that it will be easy and just the right thing to work on while Mother and I are visiting later this month.











on backgroundI did get an owl completed except for her eyes.  I can’t seem to find the fabric I’ve used for the pupils so for the time being I am pretending that she just had her eyes dilated. 


















new flannelI did buy a little more fabric this week: flannel for receiving blankets.  This pair I just love so I bought enough for at least 2 blankets.














I didn’t get as much done this week as I had hoped but I have started feeling better.  Today I tottered around without the cane (it felt a little lonesome all alone in the corner).  But I was glad to have it close at hand because a couple of times I thought I was going to need it.  My daughter, the nurse, said she thought it may be bursitis although I thought that only happened in the shoulder.

We have no plans for this weekend so I am hoping that I will have a lot of sewing/knitting time.  And it would be all right, to to have a little antiquing time, not that we need more stuff.  Smile with tongue out

Have a great weekend and see you again on Monday.

Gari

I am sharing this link at Patchwork Times.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I had bursitis in my hip for over a year until I found a cure for it (without going to the dr.)

Judy S. said...

LOVE that owl! And the new fabric. Good luck with the toe-up socks; I've done them but much prefer top-down. Great color for your sweater, and hope your hip is feeling much better!

Kate said...

You've been making slow but steady progress on your projects. Hope the hip continues to improve.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Hope you feel better this week....this owl is cute too!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Loving that owl!....:)