Thursday, October 9, 2014

Almost Off the Needles

end of the yarnHere we have the progress I have made this week.  And we can see that I am about to stop making progress.  The loose yarn on the top is all that is left: and I still had at least 20 more rows to go.

So off to the internet I went to see if Webs had more of the closeout yarn I had ordered.  And, no, they did not. 


IMG_3801So, after much thought and creative thinking, I decided on this gold heather.  It will be a band at the top of the sleeve and also will be the color of the patch pockets.  I am also thinking of doing a little duplicate stitching to help reinforce the idea that I planned to use the gold all the time.









correct colorThis picture is a true representation of the colors.



















IMG_3784And I am almost done with these socks.  I like the upper part to be pretty short so it will only go about 2” more and then a very elastic bind off.



I also wound yarn for a new pair of socks so I should have them on needles this weekend.



















stash movingAnd in between knitting bouts I was moving fabric.  I have emptied one bookcase and have started on the second.  I also emptied several small bins of “quilting junque” so I could put them and the shelves that came with them into a yard sale for dog rescue.  All of this activity is so I can change everything around in the studio.  What fun we are going to have !?!     Gari

Linking to Patchwork Times.

8 comments:

Paula, the quilter said...

Now that's using the old noggin. I sometimes have to add a different yarn. Remember the sweater I knit for my sister?

Kate said...

Great save for the sweater, the gold is a nice contrast.

Good luck with your studio reorg.

Judy D in WA said...

I love that you are making lemonade. Love the gold.
Have fun with the studio redo. I keep thinking about it but...

Mary said...

Love the design element - great way to make it your own, bet it will be great.

Suzanne said...

The gold looks great and it will be a complete original creation.

Dar said...

Great idea with the gold yarn. You are so clever. Your socks looks warm and we are getting colder weather this week. Wish I could help out with all your destashing of the fabric. There are some beautiful pieces in there. Good luck with the new studio.

Judy S. said...

Nice work on the sweater! Looks like you chose UW(Washington) colors. I need to reorganize my sewing space; you are an inspiration!

Kevin the Quilter said...

"quilting junque"???? I am intrigued? Do tell?