My design wall is pretty much the same today as it was last week. I have sewn a couple more sets for blocks and have even sewn one block together.
I decided I needed to begin cutting up the chenille.
And that led me to decide that I needed to sew one block together to get a true measurement and then began cutting. I only have a few of the chenille blocks cut but we are well on our way to seeing a quilt top.
I have been really slow on the quilting front both because I have been knitting a lot and I have ALL of my fabric on the cutting table, chairs, and the floor waiting for the new shelves to be built. We did buy two sets of shelving, I already had one almost ready to move into the studio, so I hope that sometime next week I will be able to get at least some of the fabric off the cutting table and clear some work space.
I did spend some time collecting fabrics for the Bonnie Hunter New Year’s mystery. I changed the colors a bit and next week I will share what I am planning to use: I can’t get a picture until I can lay it out on the cutting table.
Monday I will be without a car as mine has to go to the “car hospital.” One day last week I got in the car and there were lights on the dash I had not seen before. As we were going down the road, and discussing what those lights might mean, I tried to engage the cruise and nothing happened. I figured a fuse had blown but it turned out a “sensor” had died and needed to be replaced. It also had to be shipped to the parts department. It arrived late Friday and will be installed tomorrow. I will be glad to get it fixed as I really like having the cruise working and I love having the car available.
Meanwhile Monday morning will be spent cleaning and maybe even taking some time to watch one of the Craftsy classes I have purchased.
As usual I will be linking with Patchwork Times and I expect you to check in there to see what everyone there has been working on. Then have a great, fun and creative week. Gari