Thursday, October 2, 2014

It’s Beginning to Look Like a Sweater

fronts and back finishedI finished the fronts this week and then I joined them with the mattress stitch.  I went to Very Pink Knits to watch her video on how to do the mattress stitch before I began.  I have to say that internet education has been great. 




























side seams laterHere you can see it from the sides.  I don’t have to stitch the sides until I have the sleeves knit and sewn onto the shoulder area. 






When DH came in to see what I was doing all he said was “then you still have to tuck in those strings, huh?”  Guess my work is not as impressive as I think it is.  Sad smile













sleeves startedI started the sleeves as soon as I got the other parts put together.  They will be about 18”, eventually.  I had hoped to get this sweater done by the end of October and now it appears I will make it without a problem.  So I slowed down a little and have begun cleaning out some of the furniture in the studio so I can move those things out and make room for the rearrangement.





heels startedI kind of ignored these socks but have now started the heel.  With any luck they should be done next week and a new pair be on the needles.















In September I also took breaks by knitting dish/wash cloths.  I use several of them and have backups for when I wear the other’s out.  Aren’t they colorful.  I have two more balls of yarn and then I will be on the lookout for new ones.





I am amazed at how knitting has taken up so much of my time.  Just a little over a year ago I was unable to knit at all and just look at me know.  And after looking at me Winking smile check out the other knitters at Patchwork Times.  Then get ready for a fun filled weekend.   Gari

8 comments:

straythreads said...

I'm impressed with the sweater well done can't wait to see you in it!

Mary said...

I'm impressed too. Great projects.

Teresa in Music City said...

Isn't it fun to add a new crafty hobby to your life? I have SO enjoyed knitting in the past year and look forward to many happy years of plying those needles!

Jasper's Cottage said...

The sweater is looking awesome, love the color! What's on the schedule for the weekend?

Judy S. said...

Your sweater is going to be beautiful! I just love that color.

Ramona said...

Your sweater is coming along nicely. You should have it finished at a perfect time... just when you will need to wear it. Love all of your washcloths.

Kate said...

Your sweater looks great. You've been knitting for just a year? The projects you've got going make it look like you've been doing it for a long time.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.