Sunday, October 5, 2008

Overwhelmed



For the past several years I have had a personal rule: only three ongoing projects at a time. Then I retired and decided I could handle 4-5 since I like variety. However, a couple of weeks ago I decided to sign up for an online class, Bargello Blues on QU. As I got ready for that class to start I also took a class using the 9 degree wedge ruler. And two days later several of us from my quilt guild decided to try our hands at a feathered star. Well, by now I am feeling a little schizophrenic. This is how my design wall looked last week: This is all three projects on one wall: what a mess. So I decided to concentrate on one at a time and today I completed the feathered star.


As I look at this picture I see that my blue fabric looks just like the blue wall but I swear there is fabric in there. Anyway, I am pretty proud of this and sat down and planned a table topper design using friendship stars as the border.

Tomorrow I want to put a quilt on the frame and finish an embroidered pillow for my BIL and then get to work on the bargello. I'll bet I will feel a lot better when I have this mess under control. Of course it didn't help that yesterday I bought fabric for two new quilts. Will I ever learn?

1 comment:

Juryizstillout said...

You do great work...I like the feather star very much! Never tried a Bargello,but need to with all the fabric I need to use up.