Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's Done!!!

Today I finally got the binding sewn onto All That Jazz! I am so happy with how it turned out. And, thanks to everyone who gave an opinion on which binding to use.

The quilt is 93 x 103 and quite adequately covers my queen sized bed.

I think you can see the piping that I ran throughout the body of the quilt, just for a little added orange interest.
The backing fabric is black with little orange dots that I happened to run into in one of those purposeless fabric shopping trips: it was perfect.




When it came time for the binding I had difficulty deciding between a black binding or orange. And, after several blogger suggestions, had almost decided to do an orange piping with a black binding when I ran across an orange fabric with black dotted swirls: again perfect.


The black batting is a rough textured cotton poly mix that I wasn't happy with. It, however, quilted nicely so I was not so unhappy until I started hand sewing the binding on. The needle did not want to go through it and I could only work on it for short periods until I had to give my hand a rest. I don't know the brand (bought off a roll) but will probably not get it again.

10 comments:

Kay said...

Congratulations! It turned out beautifully. I like the way you photographed it too.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

It looks wonderful - job well done!!
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Pat said...

It looks just perfect, Gari!

Lisa said...

that looks AWESOME! You did a great job and i LOVE the orange in it!!!

Carrie said...

Awesome -- Love the quilt! The orange and black look so good together.

loulee said...

It looks beautiful. Very inspiring.

Gina said...

It's fabulous. What a shame you had problems with the batting. I love the effect of the beading throughout the quilt.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Twisted Quilts said...

I am looking for Quilt in a Cup but this is fantastic. I love the black and white. Great quilt!

Anonymous said...

I love this quilt! All the right choices were made!! Spectacular!

Mama Spark said...

Beautiful!! Love the color combination.