Monday, June 29, 2009




What a great weekend I had. It started on Thursday and Friday when our backyard went from this








to this. This photo was taken from my studio window: how neat, huh?

I had a pool when I lived in FL but it was destroyed by Hurricane Ivan and I haven't had one since. I find that paddeling and/or floating in a pool is so very relaxing and this weekend we put a small pool in to accomplish this. And by it being so much smaller, I will not be expected to do any real swimming, just relaxing.

Saturday we went to NWFL. There I paid a surprise visit to a group of sewing ladies I used to meet with. They are called the Boutique Belles and the group formed around the patterning program called Pattern Master Boutique by Wild Ginger. These ladies sew the most beautiful clothing and get together to help each other and learn more about the computer program and how to tweak it for the best fit. I have no pictures but I will tell you that I love these ladies. I don't attend anymore because I love quilting and have little to no time or inclination to sew clothing. I had gotten the program in order to make quilted clothing like this.


I call this jacket Ribbons and it was made with a PMB pattern.














Saturday was again great. We again went to NWFL but this time with our daughter, SIL, and DGS. My daughter wanted to take her husband out to dinner at his favorite place as a thank you for all his support and help while she goes to school We had a wonderful time and lots of laughs. This picture


was taken after DD and I had already eaten and were really full.







Since there were 5 of us we took two cars. So after our meal, DH and I hit target for a screen room for the back yard, Publix for food we can't get in rural AL, and two antique shops where I bought this to hold handwork (I have very little of that).











Now, since it is Monday I am supposed to show what is on my design wall. Well, here it is. I have't done anythng with the Christmas blocks and the applique block from last week is still there.





But I thought I would also show you the shadow box broject I am working on. these are things my mother made for me when I was a baby/toddler. I am going to have to switch them to a horizontal layout because I want to add two pair of shoes (one pair bronzed). Then I have to figure how to tack everything down and we will be good to go.
Speaking of go, nothing in the studio is getting done right now so I guess that means I need to get off this computer and get busy. See ya!


5 comments:

Gina said...

I love that jacket.

I can just imagine you relaxing in the pool witha glass of something cold in your hand.

Love and hugs Gina xxx

Anonymous said...

I have a thread cabinet just like that! I brought it down from Mom's house. It is still stuffed with thread, but if I ever use all of the thread, using it to stash handwork is a good idea

Liz

Nancy said...

Hey Gari,

You won the chicken fabrics. Please email me with your mailing information and I'll get them out to you ASAP.

Hugs,
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Wow I love that black white and red. Very striking~

Wilma Lee said...

I want a pool!!! Enjoyed looking at your pics. You and your daughter look very happy.