Monday, November 30, 2009

Design Wall, etc.



What a great weekend we had. Friday was spent sewing and this is one of the things I got done.

Since nothing else I have been working on can be blogged about, I decided we needed a new Christmas decoration. I found this tutorial on a blog last week, I feel so badly that I can’t find where I found it , and with a few changes, this is what I have made. I am going to decorate it with tiny gold/brass bells and it will hang on our front door for the month of Dec. While I was sewing, DH was trying to make up to me for not helping move furniture prior to Thanksgiving, as I had asked. I came in at lunch and found the front room all moved and cleaned. There is still a lot to do but it is started and I am very happy.

Saturday we spent the morning at the beach.

It was sunny, warm, and the beach we go to is very family friendly so we were able to see families enjoying each other while we reminisced about what all we used to do when our children were little. It is so nice to be able to look back and smile while looking at the present and smiling. I so enjoy the quieter life we now lead but loved the hustle and bustle of life with four children, when I was younger. After that interlude, we went to Red Lobster for Snow Crab Legs. It is one of my all time favorite meals and DH enjoys watching me crack those shells (rather than him…lol).

A short stop and Joanne’s and Barnes and Nobel and we were on our way back home. Thanks to in car phones, I was able to talk with my children and my mother so it was a very complete day.

Sunday found me back at work in the studio. I am hand sewing the binding on one of my gift quilts, completed a BOM for Dec., arranged the bells for my tree (see above) and got one of the rag quilts on the frame for some spot quilting. Oh, and I got one quilt label embroidered and ready to sew on. I did get two more labels designed but they have not been embroidered yet.

And now it is off to get more done. We usually decorate on the first Saturday of December so I have a few days to get that stuff out and find a new place for the tree. I love having my house decorated and even the job of putting it up (taking it down, not so much).

Have a great week and see ya later.

Edit: The directions for the Christmas tree can be found at

http://www.pleasant-home.com/

4 comments:

Judy D in WA said...

What a beautiful day at the beach!!! Lucky you. I love your tree. I haven't even thought about getting the Christmas decorations up yet. I usually wait until after Dec 2-never wanted to upstage son's bd.

quiltingnana said...

sounds like a great weekend....by the way, I love your fall quilt on top of your blog

Twisted Quilts said...

I enjoyed the busy times too but like you I do like the quieter life now. Isn't it fun to look back and remember all the good times with the kids?

AnnieO said...

It sounds like a great holiday weekend--those always bring reflections on the past :)

I think your tree came from here maybe?: http://www.pleasant-home.com/2009/11/vintage-christmas-tree-wallhanging.html