Tuesday, November 3, 2009

My Life is in Shambles

I am in the middle of the studio fruit basket upset. All three rooms are a real mess (more than usual).

















I do have the floor in the middle of the quilting room pretty much empty, ready for the boxes that are to arrive tomorrow. Without knowing how wide this new quilt frame is, it has been difficult to decide what can stay, but I think I have it almost ready. Just need to vacuum the floor. The other two rooms will get done later this week, or next. Did I share that I pulled a muscle in my back last Friday? That has really slowed me down.

























And, well, there is one other thing that has slowed me down. Yesterday I decided to take myself out for a hamburger lunch: I had been working really hard and deserved a treat. So I walked out to the car and found this.




























It seems that my DH backed his big red pickup into my little innocent silver sports car.

I tried calling him but he never checked his phone so when he got home he started to say “what did you do?” but I quickly cut him off and told him that I was never in the car and that he had done it. He says he had no idea but since there is silver paint on his bumper, we know that’s what happened. Anyway, he took it to the insurance company today and it can be repaired locally but not until next week and then they will have the car for at least three days. I must say that I was sick right after I found it and have not wanted to drive it, all messed up. Think I could put a sign on it saying that “DH did it”?

14 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I can relate to the mess of the sewing stuff. That is what my living room looked like when I had the studio floor refinished. A pulled muscle isn't good, not when you are anxious to work on the rooms.

I bet DH is a little sheepish at this point.

Jessica said...

I can't believe he didn't even leave a note! Shameful!

Oh, and the "word verification" for my posted comment is "Towit." How apropos. ;-)

Judy Laquidara said...

Oh, goodness! I was feeling bad for you with your area all messed up and your pulled muscle but you car! I'd be crying buckets of tears over that. Yes, "DH did it" is what you need! Don't ever let him forget it!!

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Naughty, naughty, naughty hubby in the big red truck. You're poor baby...

Todd Lidh said...

A shame, but give the old geezer a break! ;o)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

Wow you have a bit to sort through! Take a deep breath and say yes you can organize! Ouch on the car - hope you can get it fixed easily.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Kevin said...

Now I'm wondering what "D" stands for. Sorry about your back. Hopefully it'll feel better soon.

Wilma Lee said...

I just finished rearranging my room, so I can feel your pain. About the car too. I think you can pretty much get anything you want from DH for quite a little while for that one, lol.

Jan said...

I hope your pulled muscle feels better now! Your poor car---you need a big band-aid to put over it with a sign that says "DH did this!" Good luck on organizing!

QuiltedSimple said...

oh my. good luck with those rooms - that is what I will be doing on Sunday - cleaning my sewing room
Kris

Gretchen said...

Definitely put a big sign on your baby car! Tell him that you need a trip to the spa to make up for it (and help your back). Just keep thinking about how great your sewing room is going to look all spiffed up :)

AnnieO said...

After I saw your car's wound, I scrolled back to the pics of your sewing studio to see if those legs sticking out were of your husband pitched facedown for punishment, LOL! Hope things come together in your studio rooms as you desire. It takes so much mess before things can get organized.

limpingalong said...

I absolutely think you could put a sign on it!! Right after I bought my little red "Sassy" car my husband backed into a parking spot and scraped the trunk down to the bare metal. I was just crushed!
He got it fixed and it looked like new, but inside I knew it had been wounded. sniff....

Love the idea of retirement -- we retire end of March and I can hardly wait! I'm encouraged that you say women get to retire, too!

Millie said...

Oh boy! As if cleaning up the house and pulling a muscle isn't bad enough! Yeah, I think DH deserves a sign, and don't you let him forget he did it!

Lynne