Monday, April 5, 2010

Design Wall, etc.

This is still on my design wall. This picture shows the first row and first sashing sewn when in truth I have the second row and sashing also sewn and am almost done with the third. It is not as easy as usual because the lace is "slinky" and travels. After fighting with it for a while, I remembered that I had invested in fabric glue sticks. Now I am glueing the ends of each sashing piece before sewing them down. Then I am pinning the sides out of the way while I sew the sashing to the blocks, glueing the sides down and then stitching the sides of the lace to the sashing. To say this is time consuming would be an understatement. But in the end this will be a delightful, girly, quilt.










I have my comfort quilt rail fence on the frame and even have basted the top on. However, I am having tension issues, and low frustration tolerance issues, so it is still sitting there, unquilted. I will try again either today or tomorrow.
My quilt guild is having their end of the year dinner party in May and someone told me I was in charge of finding out what large dining rooms are available in our town. I don't know how that happened but part of my sewing time will be taken up with checking that out and making a list for consideration at the next meeting.


And lastly, but certainly not leastly, is the final product of our "first rose bud of spring." This beauty came out on Easter Sunday Morning. Isn't she beautiful? And now there are several more buds on the bushes so shortly we will have an abundance of color. Of course, all this spring growth has also produced growth in the yard so one day this week I will have to get the lawn mower out and get busy: the dogs are beginning to get lost out there. ;-)

6 comments:

Zlaty said...

I love your lace on the bunny quilt! great idea!

Enjoy your roses!

Have a great day!

Teaquilts said...

What a great idea to use the lace. The efforts you are taking will be well worth it in the end. The floral fabric is a fabulous with this quilt.

Diane said...

the lace is just wonderful-I'd have never thought of something like that!
Oh tension troubles are the pits! Hope they disappear like magic! :)

Denise :) said...

I love the idea of using lace as your sashing -- how clever! Is this Bunny Hill's, "A Tisket, A Tasket" pattern? So sweet! :)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Excellent touch with the lace! Gotta love a glue stick too!
Hugs,
shell

Sarah Vanderburgh said...

Love the lace. It will make your quilt very girly!