Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Dad and other stuff

Who is this handsome man? This is my father as he was when I was a toddler. He has been gone for 19 years and today would have been his 89th birthday. Happy Birthday Dad.

So far this has been a very productive week. First I finished quilting Purple Rails, a comfort quilt.


I had a lot of tension problems but when I decided to quilt it unregulated, the problems went away. I am not sure why it worked that way but it did. The other problem I had was that I positioned the panto about 4” down from the top so I had to go back and fill it in so it looked like I knew what I was doing. I still have to make the binding and get it bound but it has moved back down the “to do” list for the time being.







The 5th Jelly Roll Sampler block was announced Monday and here is mine, today.


Once again, I was not impressed with the block when it was presented, but with these fabrics it really looks good. When it was done I just had to see how it looks with the other blocks and this is what I have.

I am not sure how many blocks we will be doing but it should be interesting to figure out a layout.





















And as though I didn’t have enough projects going on all at one time, I got these out to start another.

3 comments:

Pat said...

I have heard other quilters say that sometimes the stitch regulator causes them problems. The purple quilt looks fine in this photo, though. I'll have my 5th block on my blog tomorrow.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your man certainly was a handsome man. The strips look great - it is going to be a wonderful quilt.

PDXGramma said...

Your dad was one of my favorites when we were teens. He truly was a special man.